Saturday, July 12, 2008

Octavia (Scarlet) Bentley.

I just had to put this photo up to show you our sick chickie. She was complaining of sore ears and nose and looked a little like she had hay fever or sinus her lips then became swollen late yesterday afternoon and after a visit to our GP was told maybe allergic reaction but if gets worse take her to hospital. About 10pm last night I wasn't comfortable with her going to bed as it looked worse and she was distressed. On arrival at the hospital I have never seen so many excited Doctors and Nurses as another little girl had presented two hours before with the same symptoms as Octavia and they believed that she had Scarlet Fever but as there had been no other cases weren't sure. So she is now at home resting and taking her drugs. (I think I need a few myself as didn't really sleep last night). She is still very red and rashie and uncomfortable but hopefully on the mend. Takes about a week and then the skin may peel off that was red. Yeah, How nice. Anyway I will keep you updated.

No comments: